Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weekend Project Before and Afters

Nestle 50th Anniversary "Time for Baking" Clock. This clock is sweet. It not only tells the time, but also has a moon calendar and month chart that breaks the weeks down in terms of what you should be baking. I got it at the Salvation Army and while we were there we plugged it in and it seemed to be working. It turned out the hour hand was loose and needed a little attention. I took the back off, adjusted some stuff, and it seemed to have worked.

The clock was a little faded (the Before picture below isn't mine but is comparable), so I decided to paint it with a brighter color. Jon helped by replacing the old brown power cord with a new white one.

I'm not quite done, but close.




I also decided to re-cover a set of chairs that Jon inherited years ago. There was really nothing wrong with them, I don't necessarily dislike the pattern, so I just covered the original fabric with my own, rather than replacing it.




And then I got a little chair-cover happy and did the set of four dining room chairs as well. I did them all in different patterns. This was my first shot at adding cushions AND covers to chairs. There are a few things I would do differently next time, but overall I think they turned out pretty well.