Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Post Vee Day Survey

Dooce had this on her website today. Life is a lot easier when people do the thinking for you - here are my answers to the same survey...

What are your middle names?
My middle name is Jade and his middle name is Swanson.

How long have you been together? 4 years of sheer un-wedded bliss.

How long did you know each other before you started dating? A couple of weeks I guess. But we didn’t really get together for real until a year later or so.

Who asked who out? Technically he did. But to be fair I did make him aware of the fact that he COULD ask me out and that I would say yes. That was right after I slipped him the roofie.

How old are each of you? 24 and 25. He is one year older but bless his heart, he started kindergarten late and since I still think of the years of my life in terms of Grades – we are the same age.

Whose siblings do you see the most? His. My only sibling lives in South Korea and I get the distinct impression he enjoys avoiding me.

Which situation is hardest on you as a couple? Deciding what we will have for dinner. Lesser relationships would have cracked under the pressure of this nightly decision.

Did you go to the same school? Harvard of the West baby – Chico State. Okay, actually we met in Chico, but we didn’t go to the same school until we both transferred to SFSU.

Are you from the same hometown? No, I am from America's finest city. He is not.

Who is smarter? When it comes to things like measuring or computing – building or constructing, he is much better. When it comes to things that are more language based, I am.

Who is most sensitive? We are both sensitive in different ways

Where do you eat most as a couple? We eat at a place we affectionately refer to as JDB where ¾ of the waitresses are out of their fucking minds.

What is the furthest you have traveled as a couple? I think Florence, Italy was the farthest, but taking the earth’s curvature into account, it could very well be the Netherlands.

Who has the craziest Exes? No comment.

Who cooks? He does. I cook spaghetti and tacos.

Who is the neat freak? Neither one of us in our entire lives has been referred to as a “neat freak" but I occasionally go Pine Sol lady on his ass.

Who is more stubborn? He is - Although he would staunchly and unwaveringly disagree.

Who hogs the bed? We are both at the mercy of Lucy and the Cat. The good dog knows better.

Who wakes up earlier? About a year or so ago he started waking up at like 6am, I think just to spite me.

Where was your first date? We ended up at Subway (see # 7). I don't think he had money for a sandwich OR he really didn't like Subway. – I offered to buy him one but can’t remember if he accepted. He complimented my choice of provolone cheese and while I ate he told me the best story I ever heard.

Who is more jealous? We are both pointlessly jealous like a couple of big babies.

How long did it take to be serious? What can I say, we are passionate people?

Who does the laundry? Do you seriously have to ask? When the laundry gets done it is I who does it. I'm glad you didn't ask how often we do laundry.

Who is better at computers? He is of course..

Who drives when you are together? Jon does and I don't know if it is because I have reached child baring age (ha), but I am convinced that every trip in an automobile brings me one step closer to a crunchy, fiery and very untimely death. If another driver on the road turns on their signal I am certain that they will be plowing into us as we pass by - "Dude Allie, people change lanes. Its ok". That is why he drives.