Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Check Mark in the "CON" Section for Kids

One time I was babysitting a 3 year old girl and she was angry at me because I am not what you call a "fun" babysitter. I mean, I'll play and stuff but there are just certain things that are no fun and cannot even be faked. Playing Make Believe is one of them. There is nothing less enjoyable than pretending that you're the mommy and I'm the baby and you are sending me to my room. And I had just finished saying this to the little girl when she said very matter-of-factly:

I bet nobody likes you in your town.

Completely taken back by this, I stuttered for a second.

Wha? You aren't...You don't even know what my town is. For one. And TWO, I'll have you know that plenty of people like me in my town. So don't even go there girlfriend.