Sunday, August 10, 2008

Angel Card

So I was at Victoria's Secret today and after I got what I needed I headed to check out. Now, Victoria's Secret is definitely one of those places where you just KNOW that they are going to ask you to open a credit card. An "Angel Card" in this case. I hate this question- If I wanted to slowly fall in to debt to you I would simply ask. This question is worth dreading because every once in awhile you meet the all American sales member of the year of whatever store you are in, and they want to try to convince you that you need this 10% discount and like, lots of coupons.

I think you see where I am going with this- I was in Victoria's Secret checking out and the girl ringing me up said "Oh, did you want to put this on your Victoria's Secret Angel Card?"

No thanks! (I said politely)

Oh, do you have an Angel Card?

No, I don't but, thanks.

Well you can save 10% on this purchase and we'll give you lots of coupons?!

I'm alright thanks.

Are you sure? We don't charge you if you don't use it. And we notify you when we get new stuff in.

Thanks but, I'm cool.

You Sure?

Yeah. Positive even.

Really?

Mm-Hmm.

Oh. (And then she looks at me up and down like she's never seen anyone so pathetic... Like ohmigawd I can't believe you don't want the Angel Card)

There is a few awkward seconds of silence as I take out my debit card to pay.

She says, Are you sure you don't want to sign up for the card?

No, I do not want the fucking card. I made this mistake before and I said to myself Never Again! So I say, "you're really working for this, and I like you for it, but no I'm alright thanks."

Okaayy...You can just like, save money. That's why.