Saturday, March 29, 2008

BAD MAMA

I don’t know when it happened, but at some point in the evening (I would say during a 13-18 minute span of time) our rambunctious 3 year old pup was, apparently, locked outside…In the rain…in an apartment/townhouse complex. In San Francisco.
There was some discussion between Mr Rose and me as to when it may have happened and we were forced to conclude that it was when I took the recycling out front. I heard him say “Lucy, Stay!” and I guess I just assumed she never left the front doorway. (which was stupid because her listening is never a safe assumption).

I should have known something was awry when I sat on the ground and started working on fitting something into a frame and didn’t get harassed by her constant need for attention. I noticed my other (good) dog was acting sort of silly so I took him out back and let him “go potty” as it were, came back in, closed the door- and then continued on with my project. Then lo and beholden! As I sat on the ground I glanced over at the back door (where the blinds are opened enough to see about a foot and half on the bottom) there is my gorgeous little, crazy little, fuckin’ Frisbee super dog wondering what the hell is going on.

“Lucy!!” I said as if she had done something wrong. And she furiously shook her tail-less back side as though to say I WIN!!! Then I went and opened the door.

She was of course soaking wet and excited as all hell and Mr Rose and I felt like the worst parents ever. I did however regret that I opened the door before I got a picture of her.

Save your criticism Citizen, I neither want nor need it.

Anyways, shortly thereafter I went to go babysit two kids But fear not ~ Dear, sweet, indulgent blog , I managed to keep both children within sight and out of the dark night rain for the duration of my evening employment.