Tuesday, April 20, 2010

She that can have patience, can have what she will...

I have blogged several times about the taco truck that consistently parks in the lot across from the building I used to work in.

Our old haunt.

We moved offices nearly a year ago, and yes, there is a taco truck at our new place, a different taco truck. But something you may not be aware of is that not all taco trucks are created equal. No. The new truck, for my tastes, is just too peppery. The salsa is not nearly as good, and the presentation lacks a certain yo no se que.

The old truck = perfection. A wonderful paper plate of perfectly prepared baby corn tortillas with a proportion of beef/salsa/cilantro/onions that must have come to the truck owner in a vision from God. Truly, El Ranchito does it right.

The good news is that our new location is a mere 1.5 miles from the old one. So I simply drive to El Ranchito. Of course I don't eat tacos nearly as often as I used to, but lets be real, that's probably a good thing.

Anyway. This last week I drove over to the old truck, and lo and behold there had amassed an army of lunch food trucks. A Korean barbecue truck, called Seoul on Wheels, a Chowder truck that mainly sold clam chowder and sourdough rolls, and, of all things, a cupcake truck! And People, in the cubicle world, this is big news. So later in the week we went back, and BAM, another truck added to the mix: Curry up now! It's a veritable cornucopia of meals on wheels.

Anyways, it's exciting. Obvy. And I'll definitely keep you posted because my plan is to get to know the truck employees and not so subtlety suggest that they add a new parking lot to their lunchtime shhhed-youlls.

Meanwhile I have told Jon about it several times ("I know dude, you told me this")but his genuine reaction was "No ice cream truck, huh?"

And all things considered, methinks I finally have a good Plan B.




By the by, The title of this blog is a Benjamin Franklin quote