Friday, June 19, 2009

A letter to my boyfriend's mother

Dear Pat,
I'm sorry to have to do this, but I've roped you into a lie.

You may or may not remember Jon's very dirty, very stained, unrecoverable gray sweatshirt that he was wearing at your cabin the weekend before last (and every other day in between). You may have even made a comment on it's state.

Well, he lost track of it (I happen to know that it is lost at the bottom of a very large laundry basket) and when he asked me the other day if I had seen it I told him wholeheartedly that his mother and I threw it away in Auburn.

Somehow involving you not only made it a cute story of cooperation but one that could not be questioned or second guessed - as only a mother's guidance could be. Though he compared the loss of his sweatshirt to that of a child's blankie I'll bet he is able to move on with his life eventually.

I'm sure you understand, and I assure you its for the better, but if he mentions it to you feel free to set the record straight.....

or don't, up to you :)

Hugs,
Allie