Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Countdown Begins

I came home from work today to see that Jon had almost completely packed for his departure to Europe. I am so all about the hype and not at all about the actual event that this was like coming home to Christmas Eve 6 months early. Seeing Jon all packed and ready signified one of the last big tasks leading up to a big trip. The other day he also said:

So dude, I feel like today is the day that my mom would take me to REI to get last minute supplies if I was going to Summer camp.

These words did more for me than ANY chick flick could ever do.

He is leaving on Thursday morning at the most ungodly hour that I am not even going to say what it is. I'm slightly jealous because this means that for the next day and a half he will be able to parade around in front of the mirror his with backpack strapped on his back, just to check out what a bad ass he looks like. I'll have to wait another week and a half to do that.

I'm not sure what I will do with my time before I meet him in the Netherlands, it will be the longest we've been apart since we have lived together and it is sort of hard to picture what our house will be like if it is quiet for so long. Well, I know I'll be at work most of the time. And I'm also going to clean like the fucking Tasmanian Devil. No. Seriously. And then I am going to go to Target to purchase every single travel size item that they have in the store.

At that point it will be my turn to walk around the house with my backpack on like a bad ass. And boy will I