Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Motherland.

I called Jon yesterday around my lunch break, as I usually do, just to check in and see what was up- you know, make sure the animals were still alive, that the house hadn't flooded and that nothing had accidentally caught fire.
(Just kidding Darling, you KILL it!) After a moment on the phone he caught me off guard with one simple sentence:

I have a surprise for you.

Um. so like........WHAT IS IT?! I said.

He refused to tell me.

Is it a THING? an OBJECT? Or like, is it a plan? Did your company get more funding? What is it?

You'll see, he said. So we hung up the phone and I went back to my desk.

A few minutes later he was online and we were chatting...

Schumanator: So, like. Its not a thing?

Jon: Dude, I'm not going to tell you until we are ON the tennis courts about to play tennis.

Schumanator: Why not?

Jon: Cuz Man.

Schumanator: Well, don't make a big deal if its not a big deal. I won't be able to handle that. Did you go nuts and hook me up with a crazy car stereo system?

Jon: No Schuman, I did not pimp your fucking ride.

Schumanator: Is it like, an idea?

Jon: More like a state of mind. Like, "Live Free Die Hard."

Schumanator: Is it tennis related?

Jon: Okay, I have to go now dude.

When I got home I had almost tuckered myself out wondering what the surprise was. I could tell that he was excited to tell me whatever it was, so he said he'd tell me when we got in the car on the way to the tennis courts.

and...

We're going to Europe! Hooray! Yes I am very excited. A great many thanks to Abuelita Suave who apparently had more frequent flier miles than Santa Claus and very generously donated some (a lot) to the cause. I will meet Jon and his brother after they go to a conference in Ireland and we will probably either start in the Netherlands and end up in Spain or vice-versa. It is obviously going to fucking rule and Friend, I can smell your jealousy from here. and I love it.