Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What happened to the Radio?


Brace yourself Mother, this is going to be bitter.

I seriously, ridiculously, 100%-ingly, amazingly, thoroughly, completely and TRULY DISLIKE morning radio djs. Like, a lot.
My question for you is this:
Why?
Why, when I am on my way to work, when I am tired and cranky and feeling exceptionally antisocial would I want to hear about the things that morning radio djs talk about? If anything, give me talk radio on the way home from work- my mind has been working, exercising, interacting with different kinds of people. I might even be tempted to call in and contribute to the general fountain of culture. But in the morning, all I want to do is call in and say: Who the fuck cares what you think about anything? In fact the other day a gentlemen of the same sentiment called in to one of these morning shows and said the same thing although perhaps more succinctly: Yeah, I was just calling to say you guys suck.

Six stations people. SIX auto programmed stations in my car radio and I'm lucky if I get ONE song in during my drive to work.

Anyways, I really think that this is one of those things that people got straight-up BACKWARDS and The Schumanator's gonna have to pick up the pieces.