Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Things I could have done to avoid the car accident this morning

I got in a minor three car accident this morning on my way to work, through no fault of my own. I'm fine and the Accord, which is a veritable compact Japanese tank that swallows lesser cars, took the hit well.

But the whole thing is a pain in my ass. And I think the most frustrating part of it is that there are a million things I could have done to avoid the situation.

For example, this morning I could have:

Gotten up early

Hit snooze (again)

Read one more page of the Fall edition of Better Homes and Gardens while the shower water heated (I do love a creative Fall centerpiece)

Moisturized

Ironed my pants

Found the other black sweater

Flossed

Put on deodorant

Dried my hair

Found a silver-friendly necklace to wear

Packed a lunch

Discussed the details of Plaxico Burress's imprisonment a bit longer

Checked the traffic for the least-congested route

Hugged Jon Boy goodbye for one more second

Let that other driver into my lane (instead of speeding up)

Taken the new found "back way"

Applied the e-brake while I saw the car behind me coming too fast

Blinked, breathed, sighed or yawned just one more time