Monday, January 19, 2009

Several Things

I hope you had a lovely weekend. I spent mine eating eggs benedict, finishing the Twilight series for the second time and replacing our piece of shit vacuum with one that has more ambition. As if that wasn't enough fun for a lifetime, on Sunday morning I decided to take matters into my own hands and repaint the bathroom. Not only would I do THAT, but I would paint my own "wallpaper" too.

I got the idea from This Book, which I got for Christmas this year. The templates come with the book and I was really excited to use my new exact-o knife...but my absolute lack of attention to detail makes things like that difficult so after watching Jon cut the first one out - I decided to just use scissors - LET HELL RAIN FIRE DOWN UPON ME, I CUT MY STENCIL OUT WITH SCISSORS. A sacrilege to the stamping community. In my own defense it would not be a Schumanator project if a corner was not cut somewhere.

So of course by the time we were ready to use the stencils I was totally burnt out on the project. Whose idea was it to do all that shit on a Sunday anyway?

Well I did do a few sample stencils and I did a few more this evening, but I probably won't be done until the end of the week at which time I'll show you a better photo. But until then, here is a sneak peek.



I was thinking about taking tomorrow, Inaugural Tuesday, off of work, but then I realized that it was more because I just wanted a day off of work than I really wanted to spend the day watching tv. Instead I'll watch on the internet at work (which is perfect because it will make the day fly by) and then I'll take Friday off so that Jon and I can go to Tahoe. Who said I can't have it both ways? Besides, I am desperate to do laundry and all joking aside, that is the main motivation to get to the cabin. I hear there may be snow in the forecast!

The weather here has been unbelievably nice and if this is global warming I might just start voting republican. At least for the next few years until shit gets too heavy. But because of the nice weather my plants out front are blooming and growing like it is spring. When it gets damp outside (as it is sure to resume being any minute now) snails terrorize my plants so I am currently trying a home remedy that I found on the all knowing internet. I put out a big jar of beer. Apparently snails, being the lushes that they are, cannot resist it and will fall in the jar and drown. I'll feel kind of bad if I go out there and the jar is full of half-dead and wasted snails but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.



I recently planted some lettuce and all of this sunshine has made it grow literally in front of my eyes. We had the lettuce in some homemade gyros the other night and it was the first time I ever uttered the sentence: "damn, this is some good lettuce."



And for dessert: His and Her strawberry shortcakes.



One final thing, because I just thought this was funny. The other night when Jon and I were out on the town and we parked in a parking garage that had cute little slogans on some of the spots. I had to get out while Jon parked because the spot was so tight, and that's when I saw the slogan on our place:



WORD.