Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beep.

For a long time I used the same little black digital alarm clock. Years and years I used it, for no reason other than I was lazy. It had the most ANNOYING sounds and there were only two settings: Loud and LOUDER. And when it went off it started as a series of slow beeps that eventually picked up in speed and volume until it was just one, loud, nuclear bomb warning of an alarm clock.

beep beep beep beep, beep-beep-beep-beep, beepbeeepbeepbeep, BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP.

I'm a little disappointed that it didn't occur to me to just buy a new one. If I'm going to spend $200 on shoes, I should go ahead and splurge on a new $9.00 alarm clock. Because I'm worth it.

One day I did just that and I'll tell you what, it is the best damn thing that ever happened to me. I can now wake up to the sound of a rooster crowing or Seagulls squawking but do you know, dear sweet, indulgent blog, what else it does?

It lulls me to sleep with gentle sounds of the ocean waves.

Oh yeah, I listen to nature sounds when I go to bed and I like so totally love it. Jon was a little bit hesitant to hop on board so last night I told him that I would turn the waves off forever if he didn't fall asleep before me. And yes he was asleep three minutes later.